You really do love us!!

6.23.2014

An analyst at heart

While I’ve been on bed rest, I’ve had the opportunity to think A LOT. Thinking for me pretty much always leads to analyzing things, in this case, others.

I’ve never had any sort of medical problems. (I know, poor me, right?) To be honest, for a while I was quite scared for my baby’s life. After having this scare of our baby being born very prematurely, I’ve gotten all sorts of reactions from people.

Those who call 2-3 times a week to see how I’m feeling.
Those who ask me how I’m doing and want a sincere answer
Those who bring me books and flowers
Those who offer to bring food to our home
Those who bring me things to do with my hands (sewing)
Those who offer their dog for comfort
Those who call after they heard the news to find out what’s going on
Those who tell me “don’t worry, we’ll be able to go shopping in a few weeks.” Though they have no idea if      it’s true
Those who offer their prayers
Those who offer to make me food to be eaten in bed
Those who don’t talk to me at all about what’s going on, but continue to have a conversation like everything    is normal.
Those who ask me a million questions to understand what’s going on
Those who talk to nurses to get some more “insight” as to what’s going on

To all of you who have done these things, I thank you. It would be really easy to read our blog or hear about our situation and think “that stinks for them”. But to you who have taken the time to pray or/and do something to support us, I say thanks times a million. I hope you know your kind actions and prayers were felt. Because of your prayers I have literally felt more at ease with what’s going on.  

Thanks times a million


Jess

3 comments:

Lalis said...

Ack Jess! I've been meaning to PM you and then something comes up! I didn't exactly "like" your post that one time but I did read it, it's just stupid stuff keeps coming up, I'm awful. But I have been thinking about you tons! I'm just grateful you've been getting the attention you need. Also... glad someone offered their dog. (Seriously, what? I mean, I guess that's nice?) Love you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

No worries, Lalis. :) I hope you're doing well with your "stuff that keeps coming up." I feel super blessed to have a friend like you. (even if we haven't seen each other in years.