You really do love us!!

8.02.2012

The Lord's Hands


Posing a question

On my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter DaySaints, at some points, it would have been easy to complain about the situations I was in. One day I heard someone talking about seeing how the Lord had had a hand in their life. I decided to put it to the test. Every day I would write down how the Lord’s hand had played a part in my life that day. Guess what. I became optimistic about my mission and the people we were teaching. It’s been several years, but that same feeling has returned that I need to start writing down how I’ve seen the Lord’s hand in my day to day life. I also felt I should pose the question to our 3 readers out there. I will not pose this question every week, but I may pose it when I’ve had a hard week, or a GREAT week, or a week like this week…just a good regular week. I do it to help myself see (and you 3 readers out there) how much the Lord really does have His hand in our everyday life. 

I’ll go first. I saw the Lord’s hand this week when on my birthday, I saw a TON of animals that I wanted to see, family came to visit Mike and I, and when I was preparing a talk on Sunday, He helped me with inspiration to know what to say. 

Now it’s your turn...if you wanna.

How have you seen the Lord’s hand in your life this week?

6 comments:

Angela said...

Of course it's what my life is consumed of, or so it seems, but through a conversation with my district manager. I actually felt like I was where I was supposed to be and doing what I should be doing... and actually being successful at it. It was only through Him that I felt prompted to get this job, and it is through Him that I try to make each day a little better up there. I am FAR from perfect or even really just good enough, but how grateful I am that He makes me more.

Michael said...

Well. Since i'm really good at following directions here goes everything. As most of our 3 readers are aware we have right at 1 week left here in Yellowstone. As with any temporary job at some point you kind of hit a wall and are ready to go. That happened to me about 2 weeks ago and it's been kind of tough ever since. But i came to the decision that i would be as positive as possible and that i would pray for help. Every morning i pray that the day will go quickly and that i will be able to help those people who are in need. Every day that i've had to work in the past two weeks i've been able to help people that have been searching for rooms for an extended amount of time. It's fun to help someone plan their trip of a lifetime to such a beautiful place that is so special. The Lord has truly blessed me and it's amazing. All because i asked for help.

Unknown said...

Oh boy. When I dedicated my whole evening to scripture reading, the next morning I finally got an interview for a job! Also, I moved to Utah, and am back in Texas for my friend's weekend wedding - I suddenly found out I needed a short but crucial appointment with my TX doctor! There was only an hour long window between arriving in tx and having to get started in bridesmaid duties - and an appt was available in that time slot. :)

Skipandleap said...

I'm sure more than 3 readers are out there!

Yesterday was an amazing reminder that the Lord speaks to us through the Holy Ghost, and when we listen, we are blessed.

My plan was to go visiting teaching, then to sams club, but on the way to the sister's house, I got the impression to swing by my school afterwards. So I did. And I was finally finally able to get in to see my classroom, take a ton of pictures of everything so I could remember (I had Zach with me), and inform my principal that I am pregnant. It was all amazing! Had I not done that, I would have probably missed the chance to get in and find out I don't need to go shopping because she left SO much stuff! And I know that I can unofficially start working on my room. Such a needed blessing!

Thanks for asking!

pswilson said...

The Lord blesses me daily with the strength I need to get through difficult minutes, hours and days. However the best blessing has been my children one of whom is Michael. Michael has always brought smiles and laughter to our home and he continues to do so. Two years ago when I was anticipating another knee surgery I was not sure how I would get through the days trying to take care of myself on a walker and taking care of my needs. A solution presented itself in the form of Jess, her lease was up and she and Michael would be getting married soon and she needed a place to live. Everything fell into place and she moved in and was the help I needed to make sure I had food, water and my medications when Robin was at work. When we planned out trip to Yellowstone to visit we were hoping they would be able to spend some time with us, well they were able to spend time with us almost daily and we were once again blessed by seeing the park with their guidance and enthusiasm.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your posts! It's really made my week! Love y'all!

Jess and Mike